Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2021

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A CLEAR SENSE THAT GOD WAS DEALING WITH YOU?

Odd question, huh?  

But really, have you?  Maybe it’s because I’ve been a pastor for over forty years, but I tend to think that most of us HAVE experienced this awareness of a divine engagement.

Over the years, I’ve found that God has several key ways of getting His messages through to me.  These are not likely to be true for you, but that doesn’t mean that He won’t specifically tailor His leadings to impact you, as well.


BOOKS

It has been remarkable to me that God has repeatedly used good books to get His messages into my heart and mind.  It may be

·      a new book I buy to read

·      an old book that I suddenly notice on my shelf

·      a favorite that God brings to my mind with a suggestion that I re-read it

·      a book someone passes me with a suggestion to read it, or

·      a book recommended by one of the leaders I follow.

But somehow, as I read it I have an awareness that it was appointed for me to do so by God. 


REPETITION

When ideas keep coming round again and again – like a beagle chasing a rabbit – I begin to suspect that God is behind it. 

It could be a scripture passage that I continually see over the course of a couple of weeks.

It might be a topic that shows up

·      in my reading

·      in a message at church

·      in conversations

·      even through what I watch on television.

God knows how obtuse I can be, so from His kindness He repeats the message – UNTIL I GET IT!  Thank You for Your patience, Lord!


HIS WORD

You knew this one was coming, right?

It is His living Word!  It is His Holy Word!  It is His inspired Word!

Its impact is dynamic for everyone who submits themselves to it!

But, if you don’t read it – you forfeit this tremendous channel of communication! 

There have been SO MANY times while reading scripture that I knew God had me reading it for my own benefit!  His grace is STILL AMAZING!

__________________________________

Where is this coming from?

He’s been doing it for me again.  You want to know more, read my next blog… I’LL DO WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment