Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A CREATIVE WAY TO MAKE GOD ANGRY

It's an odd thought, huh?  

I noticed something this morning while reading Hosea 8.  Here's what I read:   [All references are from The Voice Bible unless otherwise noted.]

"Because Ephraim [Israel] paid tribute money to other nations [Assyria] instead of depending on Me, I'm going to gather them up and send them into exile..."  [v.10]   

Three verses later we see just how angry and disappointed God is:

"I am not pleased with them.  I'll remember their guilt and punish their sins:  they'll return to slavery in Egypt."  [v.13]

Hmmmmm...God wants us to depend on Him!  

When we turn to other sources for deliverance and/or protection, He is not pleased with us!   He is so not pleased with us that He punishes us?  

So much for the age of independence! 

_________________________________________________

So, do you depend on God?

Do you turn to Him first when things are falling apart?

Have you turned your financial distress over to God?  Seriously!

How about the problems you're having with your teens?  

Or, your dissatisfaction with life?

Or, your chronic depression?

Maybe you should turn to God with your addiction issues?

Perhaps your marriage is disappointing - or failing.  Have you considered depending on God?

Maybe your child is dealing with gender confusion.  Do you suppose the God who made him/her might be able to help?

_____________________________

Ever kind and ever-loving God,

Forgive us for being so independent - it seems to be the American way.  By my persistence in turning in every direction but Yours for help, I've revealed my lack of faith in You!  

Can You forgive me?  Will You forgive me?  I'm truly so sorry!  

Because of my stubbornness, my situation has become worse!  I am more desperate now than I was before!  But You've got my attention!  I realize that You've been watching all along - how embarrassing for me!  You've been standing ready to release Your resources, wisdom, peace, grace, direction, and help all along and I've been obstinately ignoring You!  I weep with regret!  

I open myself to You and Your endless creativity and resources, Lord!  That's right - I want You to be the Lord of my life!  I trust You!  I yield to Your ways!  I lean on You - right now!  

By Your unfathomable grace - please come to my aid!  And help me to NEVER be stubborn again!

For the Kingdom's sake, Amen

1 comment: