Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

WONDERFUL COUNSELOR

 Have you experienced the impact of a good counselor?

 1. Our Wonderful Counselor is CONSTANTLY AVAILABLE!

      Come, let’s talk this over, says the Lord; no matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can take it out and make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you white as wool!    Isaiah 1:18 (LB)

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”           Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

 

 

2. Our Wonderful Counselor KNOWS YOU! 

Try to realize what this means—the Lord is God! He made us—we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.    Psalm 100:3 (LB)

 

“I am the Good Shepherd and know my own sheep, and they know me,…”   John 10:14  (LB)

 

“…the very hairs of your head are all numbered.”  Matthew 10:30  (LB)

 

“There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.”     

                                          Matthew 10:26

 

3. Our Wonderful Counselor understands our COMPLEXITY!

 Healthy religion results when people satisfy their spiritual needs in open, growing, respecting ways that say a resounding “Yes!” to life! 

“…I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”  John 10:10b (NIV)

 St. Augustine said:  “Oh! That Thou wouldst enter into my heart and inebriate it!”

  

4. Our Wonderful Counselor is totally TRUSTWORTHY!

God keeps confidences!

God always acts in your best interests – even when it doesn’t seem so! 

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.  I Corinthians 1:9  (NIV)

 

Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.     I Thessalonians 5:24 (NAS)

 

God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns.       Philippians 1:6 (LB)

 

 

5. Our Wonderful Counselor always gives us PERFECT GUIDANCE! 

The counsel of the Lord stands forever;  the plans of His heart from generation to generation.     Psalm 33:11 (NAS)

 

The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—

    the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,

    the Spirit of counsel and of power,

    the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD— Isaiah 11:2 (NIV)

 

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;

    even at night my heart instructs me.      

                                 Psalm 16:7 (NIV)

 

Remember:

o   God knows everything

o   God sees past, present, and future

o   God is love 

 

6. Our Wonderful Counselor is a constant HELPER and ENCOURAGER! 

    Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you… The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”   Deuteronomy 31:6,8  (NIV)

 

  • He helps me by giving me strength, courage, wisdom, etc.
  • He provides for all my needs and gives me my daily bread.
  • He gives me talents, gifts of the Spirit, and grows the fruit of the Spirit in my life.
  • He has given me His love letters to read daily.
  • He communicates with me through His Holy Spirit.
  • He has placed me in His Body to grow and be nurtured!

 

 

7. Our Wonderful Counselor cares about you ETERNALLY! 

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.    I Peter 5:7 (NIV)

 

You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.       Psalm 73:24 (NIV)

 

 

Do you want the help of this Wonderful Counselor?

 Do you want a divine Helper who:

o   is always available?

o   already knows you?

o   understands your complexity?

o   is totally trustworthy?

o   always gives perfect guidance?

o   is a constant Helper and Encourager?

o   cares about you – eternally?

All you have to do is pray this prayer: 

Dear God:

I am making a mess of my life!  I desperately need help!  I believe You can help me!  I humble myself and admit my weaknesses and failures.  I invite You to come into my life and be my Lord!  I choose You to be my Wonderful Counselor for all of life and eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment