Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2022

NEED WISDOM?

 In Job 28, he explains to his friends that Wisdom cannot be found in the depths of the earth where gold, copper, sapphires and gems are found.  He declares that mortals don’t have a clue where to find Wisdom.  It can’t be bought.  It can’t be traded for.  In verse 19 ™, he says, “Pile gold and African diamonds as high as you will, they can’t hold a candle to Wisdom.”

He queries:  (v.20  TM)  “So where does Wisdom come from?  And where does Insight live?”  The answer is given in verse 23 ™ “God alone knows the way to Wisdom;  He knows the exact places to find it.”  Job repeats the source of wisdom in the last verse of the chapter:   “Then (God) addressed the human race – Here it is!  Fear-of-the-Lord – that’s Wisdom, and Insight means shunning evil.”  

I’ve been feeling pretty low lately.  Yesterday, while driving for Door Dash (my new job), things weren’t going well.  Eventually, I texted Debbie and told her I was having an awful morning.  I asked her to pray for me.  I then received the following text: 

I AM PRAYING THAT GOD WILL RUSH TO YOUR SIDE AND MAKE YOU WHOLE.  HE IS THE LIFTER OF YOUR HEAD!  YOUR REFUGE AND STRENGTH!  HE LOVES YOU AND HE IS NOT ASHAMED OF YOU! 

 

I love you, too.  You are my man, the love of my life.  

 

A PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO NEED WISDOM:

O Lord!

I certainly don’t seek wisdom often enough!  I seem convinced that I have enough wisdom resulting from my studies and my life experiences.  How wrong!  How ignorant!  How presumptuous!  How ARROGANT!  The wisdom I have gained over the years is puny compared to Your Wisdom! 

By relying only on my own wisdom, I condemn myself to a life that is far short of what You may desire for me – and have planned for me.  How sad this must make You!  How often You must call my name:  “Hal!”  “Hal!”  “Come aside!  Seek Me!  Let Me guide you!”  God, how often You must feel neglected, disappointed, and rejected because I spurn that which You offer so willingly and freely!

Help me to wake up, Lord!  Remind me of how available You are and how willing to guide, provide, and protect me.  There are endless stories of my shortcomings, my humiliations and my failures.  Whatever achievements I have accomplished surely came during times when I was leaning heavy on You!  Why can’t I learn from this?

Let me say it clear and plain:  I need wisdom!  I need it daily!  Without Your wisdom, guidance, provision and protection – I am destined to suffer and falter.  Help me to hit my knees daily and cry out for Your help!  Anchor this desperate need in the core of my being.    AMEN.

PS – Lord:  Thank You for giving me Debbie – she’s my greatest treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment