Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bible Study

This should make you think!

Psalm 7:12-16 (NASB)
[Notice:  The NASB capitalizes pronouns that represent God.  I've underlined these cases]
    If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword;  He has bent His bow and made it ready.  He has also prepared for Himself deadly weapons;  He makes His arrows fiery shafts.
    [The pronouns in the following refer back to "a man who does not repent"Behold, he travails with wickedness, and he conceives mischief and brings forth falsehood.  He has dug a pit and hollowed it out, and has fallen into the hole which he made.  His mischief will return upon his own head, and his violence will descend upon his own [head].

If I understand this correctly, "If a man does not repent," God turns up the heat on that man in order to show him the need for repentance.  Therefore, God may be the source of pain in the life of an unrepentant believer! 

Oswald Chambers has written:  "Repentance means that I show my sorrow for the wrong thing by becoming the opposite."  In other words we acknowledge that God's way is best and bring ourselves into alignment with His ways!

Need further evidence?  Revelation   "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline;  therefore be zealous and repent.”

Be honest with yourself.  When is the last time you repented of anything?  Are you really living that perfect of a life?  Or is it possible that you've closed your ears to the convicting voice of the Holy Spirit?

Leave a comment - I'd love to know what you think of this.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and repent...

No comments:

Post a Comment