Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Computer

There it sat, in my garage.  The UPS man had just left it.  My new laptop!  How exciting!  Scizzors.  Unpacking.  Opening boxes.  Scanning directions.  Flip up the lid and press the power button.

No clue how to manuever.  What is Windows 7?  Everything looks foreign - did I accidentally buy a Mac? 

Now I've got to pull out my old desk-top PC and replace it with this one.  I must figure out how to get the DSL functional on the new one.  Then load Microsoft Office.  After that, I'll need to transfer vital information and files from my old Dell to the new Asus.  Then mourn the loss of XP and learn to navigate with Windows 7. 

Thankfully I have an iPhone to keep me connected for the next month or so.  But after awhile, it'll get comfortable too.  In the meantime, I'll be tying with one finger...

No comments:

Post a Comment