Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wedding Rehearsal

Last evening I directed a wedding rehearsal and today I'll officiate at the wedding.

When I left seminary in 1976, I looked forward to working with young couples to plan their weddings.  I expected it to be one of the best parts of my new job!  I was anxious to bring my creativity and energy to the role.

But I was quickly disillusioned by couples who deceived me and by the onslaught of couples who chose to live together before marriage.  After thirty-five years in the ministry, unfortunately I now dread my participation in marrying couples.

That is until a couple like Nate and Emily come along!  The joy returns when you deal with a couple that has chosen to follow God's plan.  Two of the men who will stand up with Nate - he led to the Lord!  Nate and Emily are committed to following God's plan for their lives and to making the Bible the textbook for their marriage. 

Couples like Nate and Emily (and there are others!) renew my hope!  They're a testimony to the influence of being raised in a godly home! 

So, later today, I will joyfully be tying the knot!  The cord will be a triple-braided cord:  Nate, Emily, and Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment