Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Sons Just Left!

Having my sons, Travis and Troy, home for a few days was wonderful!  But now they've each left for their respective homes - and I'm feeling the down of their departure! 

I'm immersing myself in work to try to fill the hole in my heart.  I love being around them!  They're fun and interesting.  They make me proud!

I miss them being a part of my day-to-day life, as they were when they were younger. But now, at 35 and 30, they're each living their own lives. 

Many parents have been here.  You bring them into the world, nurture them, and then launch them.  And it all happens in a few blinks of the eyes.  And suddenly, they don't need you anymore.  And it hurts!

God
Keep them safe - not only as they travel, but also as they journey through life!  Give them wisdom in their decision-making.  Surround them with true friends.  Help them to be 'difference-makers'. 

And PS - Watch over Debbie and me as we observe their lives from the sidelines!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment