Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2015

First Day on the Job

It's kind of nerve-wracking.  Will I like the people I work with?  Will they like me?  Will I be able to do the job?  I hope I don't mess up and make a fool of myself?  Is this job going to be fulfilling?

Debbie started her new job this week at Springfield Elementary School in New Middletown.  She is an assistant in the Cognitive Development class.  They have nine students. 

She was pretty nervous about starting again.  It's a brand new building, so excitement was high!  She likes her teacher, Julie, and they share a like faith!  The job is more demanding than she expected and she comes home tired.  But, as far as first-day-jitters, they only really occur on the first day!  :-)

This'll be her tenth year in this school district.  It might be her last!

I also have a new job.  I went over to Kittanning, Pennsylvania, about two weeks ago to meet with the Board of the Kittanning Free Methodist Church.  I also went over this past week for one day to meet a couple of leaders and scope out my new office.

This morning, Debbie and I left at 7:30 AM;  it takes about seventy-five minutes to drive from the farm to the church.  I was not feeling well this morning, but easily made it through the morning.  We were greeted joyfully by everyone we met. 

The building is quite beautiful and the location is spectacular!  The people were friendly and received us graciously - even having a snack-fellowship after worship to welcome us! 

There was an array of ages from young children to older members.  The sanctuary seats nearly two-hundred in very comfortable seats - although there were probably only one-hundred present.  Plenty of room for growth! 

Being a veteran in this role, I wasn't really nervous about fulfilling my responsibilities, but I was concerned about being accepted.  The church family seemed anxious to receive us;  especially since they have not had a pastor since June.

So, we're both past the first day!  It feels good.  At least the first-day-jitters are behind us. 

We're grateful to God for opening these roles for us - even before we had left China! 

Now, we can get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment