Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sleeping on the Floor

When I was a kid (or as Len Sweet puts it: wiwak), my mother had an amazing skill that she had highly developed by the time her fourth kid came along.  She could convince me to do things and make me feel that it was an honor to do so.

When company would come, she would tell me that the company would be using my bed.  As a result, I would be allowed to sleep on the living room floor.  It would be like camping inside!  I could use my sleeping bag and have a flashlight.  It would be so much fun!

Every time this happened, I eagerly unrolled my sleeping bag and crawled into it feeling that I was the luckiest person in the house!

I miss her!  She died in 1981, two months after Tracibeth was born.  She taught me so much!  Her spiritual influence was massive!  She had a unique sense of humor.  She loved me.


By the way, I slept on the floor of my new office last night.  That's what triggered this post!  I laid in the dark and thought about my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment