Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2015

Zero Turn

I had quite a ride yesterday! 

My brother-in-law, Wally, gave me a five-minute lesson on how to drive his zero-turn lawn mower (the one with no steering wheel, but two bars instead).  Then, as he walked away, I took off to mow the little acre around our trailer. 

I hope there's no hidden-camera videos of the next hour!

Everybody says that I'll get the hang of it and will eventually fly across the lawn like a pro.  It didn't happen yesterday! 

The darn levers are so touchy!  One slight move and I was heading off to the right or left!  Going straight was a joke!  It never happened.  There were a few times when I was simply out-of-control! 

Once when I stopped to move some lawn furniture, the thing shut off.  I guess it automatically does that when you leave the seat.  I had a hard time figuring out how to start it again. 

I bumped the trailer several times, knocked my hat off going under a tree, and almost went off into the woods while cutting the perimeter!  It was a zoo!  Anyone watching would've have been bent over in hysterics!

When Deb came home, she commented on how great the place looked!  I didn't bother to tell her about my hair-raising experiences.  I'm just glad I got the job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment