Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

CHOOSE JOY!

I just read a really sad fact:  "On average a child laughs 200 times a day, while the typical adult laughs only about four times every twenty-four hours."

We've got to do something about that!  

Why not make it your mission today to help someone laugh today?  Chances are - if you make them laugh, you'll laugh too!  

Norman Cousins believed that there was a direct link between our emotional well-being and our physical well-being.  Essentially, he believed you could laugh your way to health!

I read recently of a man who said, "I'm going to live forever, or die trying!"

I know what some of you are thinking.  "Hal, I've got very little to be happy about.  If you only knew what I'm going through..."  Well, I understand that we all go through hard times.  Debbie and I are facing some major stress (or distress) in our lives right now too.  

The Apostle Paul wrote his most joyful letter (Philippians) from a dungeon!

I would encourage you today to choose joy - in spite of your circumstances!  It has been said that "A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."  So, if you are on a detour right now - sit back, look out the window, enjoy the scenery!

“Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy” - Jude 24.

PS - Here's one that you can use to cheer people up today:

What do you get if you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?

Someone who stays awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

Have a great life!
Hal's granddaughter, Rylie, a couple of years ago!

Make this your goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment