Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

MY CUP IS FULL AND RUNNING OVER

It's hard for me to imagine that there could be a man in this world who is more grateful to God this morning than I am!  As I reflect over the last few days, I am overwhelmed with a sense of God's goodness! 

I stood in a small circle after worship yesterday with my brother Ira (and his wife, Joyce) and my sister Beverly (and her husband, Dick).  Together, we thanked God for our parents:  Leonard and Hazel Haire.  We are all well aware of how solidly they launched us into life by their Christian example.

I have an amazing wife!  Debbie was surely designed by God specifically for me!  She has comforted me, encouraged me, served me, blessed me, and shared life with me for a long time!  Her family has been a constant source of blessing to us!  We have fun being together and I'd rather spend time with her than anyone else in this world! 

I spent a whole week with our three kids!  We had so much fun surrounding Troy and Missy's wedding!  It was a week-long party!  I love my kids so much and am so proud of them!  They make my life go 'round!  Probably more than anything else in this world, I want Travis, Troy, and Tracie to be with me forever in Heaven!

Our families gathered around us this weekend to share our joy!  Both the Haire's and the Whippo's set their personal agendas aside to help us rejoice with Troy and Missy.  Some of them travelled long distances and took on significant expenses to participate.  And boy, did we party!

Our friends came from near and far to celebrate with us.  We are friend-rich!  So many connections from so many sources.  We were overwhelmed by having so many of them in the same room with us on Saturday.  It added to our joy significantly.  How we wish we could spend time with each of them individually!

I also had lots of time with Rylie and Coltin!  Feeling their arms around my neck takes me instantly back to when our kids were little - it's like magic!  They bring me so much joy and satisfaction.  There is no better feeling than receiving their innocent, sincere love!  They are precious to me!

And to top it off, I have a wonderful church family!  Our worship time yesterday was off-the-charts!  They also gathered with us to add to the joy over the weekend!  We had an amazing time and I felt the power of their prayer throughout the whole weekend! 

Let it be known to all:  living for and serving God is the only way to go!  God has been so good to me!  And I don't deserve any of it.  It's all grace!  And I will forever live with a desire to express my gratitude to Him!  Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment