Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

What's a new year hold?

I expect 2012 to be an interesting year.

My son Troy (and his fiance, Missy) are to be married on February 25th.  That's HUGE!  Much of our focus for the next two months will be on making that a joyous day of genuine celebration!

Then, my focus will shift to getting ready to hike the Appalachian Trail - a nearly 2200-mile backpacking experience.  It should take five to six months!  I expect it to be the adventure of a lifetime.

But what else will happen that I don't have an inkling about?

James 4:13-16 (the VOICE)
Listen carefully, those of you who make your plans and say, "We are travelling to this city in the next few days.  We'll stay there for one year while our business explodes and revenue is up."  The reality is you have no idea where your life will take you tomorrow.  You are like a mist that appears one moment and then vanishes another.  It would be best to say, "If it is the Lord's will and we live long enough, we hope to do this project or pursue that dream."  But your current speech indicates an arrogance that does not acknowledge the One who controls the universe, and this kind of big talking is the epitome of evil.

Lord,

I've made a few plans, but I know that my plans are as though written in the sand on a beach. 

I also know that You are already in my future!  You know with certainty what is coming and how it will affect me.

Help me not to be a fool - it comes so easily to me! 

Rather, help me to walk through this year - and every year - with my hand tightly and securely in Yours! 

This I pray in the name of the One who made the world, left Heaven to come to earth, laid down His life as payment for my sin, and paved the way for me to get to Heaven - in JESUS' NAME.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment