Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

FREEZE THAT MEMORY!

There were so many times when Travis, Troy, and Tracie were little that I would try to freeze a memory!  I had an awareness that it was a special moment that I would want to rerflect on at some time in the future.  I knew that time can't be captured in a bottle! 

But the aging process and night after night of deleting memories takes its toll.  The memories fade.  What was it like to have them run into my arms?  What was it like to have them wrap their arms around my neck?  I vaguely remember the proud feeling I had as I walked in downtown East Liverpool with Troy holding one hand and Tracie holding the other.

But I wish I had better recall over these memories.

Then, yesterday, I was walking in Occam Park with Rylie on one hand and Coltin on the other - and I remembered!  I remembered exactly how those times felt when the kids kissed me good-bye last night!  I loved it when they wrapped their arms around my neck! 

Their affection unlocked those frozen memories - and it was wonderful! 

God's grace is AMAZING!  He gives us grandchildren to help us remember the precious moments of rasing our own children!  How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment