Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'M A BOOK THIEF

As I sort through my books I have found several that belong to someone else!

Yikes! 

I never intended to steal their books!  They loaned the books to me.  They recommended them to me.  In a couple of cases I asked to borrow the book.  Then, they ended up on my bookshelf and blended in with my own books!

Stolen books, incognito on my shelves! 

My heart is clear - I didn't intend to steal them.  I feel guilt and sorrow over my inadvertant sin.

The implication is clear.  I must return the books!  I packaged one up yesterday and mailed it to its rightful owner.  Meanwhile, because the book had impacted me so powerfully, I got on Amazon and ordered my own copy!  :-)  I should have done that a long time ago!

Some will be handed back to the owner.  Others will be sent through the mail.  An apology will accompany each one.  I REALLY AM sorry to have kept their books so long! 

How many other sins lay hidden beneath the surface of my recognition?

Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me;  cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about;  see for Yourself whether I've done anything wrong - then guide me on the road to eternal life.
Psalm 139:23-24  (TM)


No comments:

Post a Comment