Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

A SUNDAY MORNING DISASTER

We lived in the parsonage at 815 Hill Boulevard, East Liverpool.  I would get up early and go to the church.  Then I'd come home to help with the kids and get everyone to church on time. 

It was a fall rainy morning.  We came out and got the kids into their car-seats.  I set my Bible on the roof - with my sermon in it - while I buckled Troy-Boy in.

After a second trip to the car with paraphanalia, we got in and started for the East End. 

Less than a block down Hill Boulevard I saw sheets of paper flying in the air behind the car.  In panic I stopped and ran back to gather them up.  They were wet!  I had used a felt-tipped pen to write my message.  The sheets were a blur of blue lines running down my pages.

I think we ended up having a testimony time that morning...

Is the lesson I learned to not set your Bible on the roof while you buckle the kids in, or don't use a felt-tipped pen to write your message?  Either way, it hasn't happened again (although I did misplace it one Sunday morning). 

No comments:

Post a Comment