Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2012

WORK AT HOME MOMS

I was raised by a work-at-home-Mom!  Although she had held jobs earlier in her life, my Mom chose to stay home and raise her children.  My Dad carried the burden of responsibility for providing for his family.  At times, he worked two jobs to be able to do that.

I admire women who are making the same decision today.  With the reality of the present economy, I'm sure that is is even harder today than it was for my parents. 

There is a security in children whose moms are always available.  They seem more confident and comfortable. 

These moms pay a dear price: repetition!  On a recent visit to our daughter's, Tracie told Debbie:  "Mom, this is the first day since Rylie was born that I haven't changed a diaper!"  So, it's changing diapers, washing clothes, preparing meals, playing with the kids, dressing and undressing them, cleaning the house, washing dishes, trying to shop with kids in the buggy;  over-and-over, day-after-day!

But lives are being shaped!  Values are being formed!  Personalities are in process!  Lessons are being learned!  Priorities are being established!  VITAL WORK!!!!  How important for these tasks to be performed by the one who loves them most!

There are many young moms in our church who are making the choice to be work-at-home-moms!  I admire these women SO MUCH!  I admire the choice that these couples have made.  They may be foregoing some of the extras that a second income could provide;  but they are going to reap a great harvest from the day-by-day investment that's being made in the lives of their kids!

To all of you - you know who you are - I'm standing and applauding!  Great job!  Keep it up!  You've made a good decision!  Your children will rise up and call you "Blessed"!  The work you are doing is the most important job in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment