Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

I TALK TO BIRDS

I do it frequently - almost every day.  I find the birds here in Savannah to be especially conversive.  I had quite a chat going with a group of them yesterday while we were waiting for a table at Molly's Restaurant.

I'm convinced that when I was walking daily in Poland Forest, I spoke with the same birds every day.  I think some of them actually saw me coming and called out to me!

I haven't quite mastered their language yet.  I basically repeat whatever they say to me.  That seems to make them happy. 

Occasionally, I can tell that a bird is trying to locate me.  On a few occasions, I think they have figured out that I'm not a bird.  They usually stop talking with me at that point.  I suppose they feel deceived.

A few times I have been in the woods during the heat of the day when no birds are singing.  I have tried to get them to answer me.  I've had success a couple of times - when I have been persistent.  But it never seems to last very long.  I think it's their siesta time...

I'm pretty sure that birds communicate with each other.  I really have no idea what they're saying.  But I sure enjoy barging in on their conversations!

I particularly enjoy listening to their morning song and evening song.  They differ, you know.  The morning song is very happy and full of expectation!  The evening song is peaceful and communicates contentment! 

Not a bad mantra for us humans too! 

Look at the birds!  They don't worry about what to eat - they don't need to sow or reap or store up food - for your Heavenly Father feeds them.  And you are far more valuable to Him than they are.  Matthew 6:26  (LB)

2 comments:

  1. They are the first thing I hear in the morning-a sign to me "all is okay, He is in control". How gracious of God to make them for us.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice! I enjoy their chatter too! Helps me wake up in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete