Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

ONE OF OUR MANY HILARIOUS FAMILY MEMORIES - BAT STORY #2

I was leading an Official Board meeting at the Oakland Free Methodist Church on a week night.  The phone rang - it was for me!

The panicked voice of my wife informed me that there was an emergency and I needed to come right home.

I adjourned the meeting and flew home.

At the time, we lived in a massive, three-story home on East Fifth Street in downtown East Liverpool.  We affectionately called it:  MANIAC MANSION!

When I busted throught the front door, I couldn't believe my eyes!

Troy and Tracie had helmits on and were wrapped in afgans.  They each had a tennis racket in their hand.  Instant confusion - what kind of emergency would cause them to dress like this?

Debbie was on the couch - also covered with an afgan.  As I asked what was wrong, a bat flew into the room and swooped all of us!  Instant pandamonium!  We all hit the deck!  The bat flew in circles through the living room, the entrance-way, the hall, the dining room, and back into the living room! 

We were all screaming! 

It finally flew upstairs and landed on one of the walls.

I didn't know what to do, so I ran to the phone and called our good friend, Junior Lamp.  Junior lived in Newell, West Virginia.  It took him fifteen minutes to get to our house. 

He walked upstairs and picked the bat off the wall.  He spread its wings and gave us a chance to inspect it closely.  Then he released it on the front porch! 

Bat emergency #2 averted!

No comments:

Post a Comment