Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ATTITUDE TEST

This past Sunday I spoke on keeping your attitude on an even keel.

On the Saturday before, my attitude was tested through relationships.

On the Monday after, my attitude was tested by several sets of circumstances.

On Tuesday, my laptop froze and refused to give me the four hours of work I had done on the next week's message!

The one thing I have learned through my years of experience as a pastor and preacher is:  whatever I am preaching about - I WILL be tested in that very area!  It is one of the most consistent truths of ministry! 

However, it is this very point that helps to sharpen me and keep me at my best.  I have rarely preached a message that hasn't had its full force in my own life, first!

Gracious God,
Thank You for the many lessons You have helped me learn!  Thank You for applying them to my life with such precision.  Thank You for the internal help of Your Holy Spirit.  Help me to listen to Him and follow His leadings with ever-increasing faithfulness!  
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment