Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FLYING

Did you hear about the nun who refused to fly?  Her reason:  Jesus said, 'Low, I am with you always!'

Tomorrow, I fly again.  I used to think flying was exciting;  now I really don't like to fly.  I seem to always end up with a headache (rare for me).  Plus, although it's faster than driving, it still takes a long time - especially with pre-flight, check-in times being so extensive.

In addition, I'm in a strange environment where I don't know all the rules.  Being searched and treated with suspicion is a new experience for me - every time.  I'm always afraid I'll be delayed and miss my flight.  The whole experience is anxiety producing!

I used to have a ball-cap that read:  "I'd rather be backpacking!" 

But, as I said, flying beats the 12+ hour drive to Atlanta all to pieces!  And the trip will be well worth it! 
  • I'll experience great worship with 12,000 young leaders.
  • I'll get to spend some time with Troy.
  • I'll hear at least twelve really great presenters.
  • I'll spend the time with eight of my favorite people.
  • I'll be in 80 degree weather for three days.
  • I'll take my last swim in 2011.
  • I'll be deeply stirred spiritually and creatively!
All-in-all, it's a more than fair trade-off!  CATALYST here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment