Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

BACK SCRATCHERS

One of the true benefits of marriage is having someone to scratch your back.  Great marriages are marked by regular back-scratch exchanges!

Pity the man who lives alone and has no one to scratch his back.  Truly sad!

This man embarks on the endless search for the perfect back-scratching instrument. 

Forget those cheap plastic things that are shaped like a little hand!  They're worthless;  too flimsy to satisfy the need for firm scratching.  They break the first time you use them.

The handle of those old, wire fly-swatters works fairly well;  however, they do yield to bending under pressure and fail to staisfy the need for vigorous scratching.

I have occasionally used an old ruler from my school days.  I get some pleasure from it, but it would work better if it was a few inches longer!

My personal favorite is the spagetti server from my wife's kitchen drawer.  Ah, satisfaction!  I keep it on the window sill in my study where it is readily available!

Don't worry if you come to our house and she serves spagetti.  After missing her tool for a long time - she bought another!  :-)

But honestly, my suggestion to you single guys with itchy backs - find a good woman and marry her!

1 comment: