Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

MAKE A DIFFERENCE

I became a pastor because I wanted to make a difference in the world!  I was 17 years old when I received my call.  At the time, I believed that the Church was the best place to invest your life to make a spiritual difference in the world.

After 35 years in the ministry, I have less confidence in the Church as the most viable vehicle for changing the world.  I have found the Church to be distracted and anemic.  In spite of my efforts to revitalize her human resources, our culture seems to be winning their hearts.

I long to be part of a company of radicals!  Jesus obviously believed that twelve men could change the world!  They did!  I want to be part of a group who will pay any price, make any sacrifice, and leave it all on the field for Christ and His Kingdom!

But finding such radicals is like looking for a needle in a haystack!  David Platt (author of RADICAL) is right, most American Christians are more focused on pursuing the American Dream than God's dream. 

How sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment