Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

SHOPPING

The fact that women are from Venus and men are from Mars is nowhere more evident than at the mall. 

For women, shopping is a social experience.  For men, it is a hunting expedition! 

After many years of marriage, Debbie and I have developed a plan that works for us.  We start out at Eat-n-Park for breakfast.  Then we head for Gabriel's.  I'm good for twenty minutes at Gabriel's;  then I go to the car to read.  Next, we hit Sam's Club.  We actually spend most of our time together there.  Then WalMart.  We head in different directions with different things on our lists - and then meet at the front.  Then Marc's.  We pretty much stick together there.  Then TJMaxx.  I'm good for fifteen minutes there;  then I walk to Best Buy;  then back to the car for at least a half-hour of reading!  By then, I've zoned out and can't remember where we've been...

Most men think:  "How hard is it to find a blouse?" 

I'm presently reading a book titled: Keep Your Brain Young, written by a husband and wife team (he's an M.D. and she's a Ph.D.).  I was stunned when I read the following: 
"We can't prove this, but it may be that women not only live longer but possibly maintain their brain functions better than most men, in part because they shop.  While shopping, they are physically active, wandering through stores carrying parcels.  They are mentally active, comparing prices and making choice.  And, after completing their shopping, they feel they have accomplished something."
I'm trying to think differently about shopping now.  If I can just convince Deb to insert Dick's and Lowe's into the circuit - I'll have it made!  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment