Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

HIGH MOMENTS - CHILDHOOD



The feeling of security when my Mom would tuck me in!

Christmas every year! 

Recess during 5th and 6th grades when I attended Thompson School on Mercer Road, outside of New Brighton, PA.  We'd play kickball in the pasture. 

Family Camp every summer - sleeping in the cottage and listening to the crickets!

Playing 'razzle-dazzle touch football' with Bob, Larry, and John up at Dr. Martsolf's after school.

Climbing the neighbor's tree at the end of the summer and eating cherries till we were full!

Playing 'kick-the-can' on summer nights with the Brighton Heights gang!  The smell of lilacs while I was hiding in the lilac bush!

Watching the Beverly Hillbillies with my Mom while eating popcorn!

Playing Careers on the porch in August when it was too hot to do anything else.

Sleeping out in the backyard on warm, summer nights.

Camping at the Red House area of the Allegheny National Forest near Salamanca, New York, every summer

Playing catch with my Dad in the front yard.

CYC Camp every summer!

My Mom tickling my hair while I laid on the pew with my head on her lap.

Dad carrying me into the house and then Mom putting me to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment