Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

HIGH MOMENTS - YOUTH

The last day of school each June.

The annual, school picnic at Idora Park!

Getting to canoe at Red House Lake and exploring the islands in the lake!

My first date! 

Getting my driver's license!

Youth group parties!

Sunday afternoons with Eddie Bischoff, Howard Smith, Paul Funkhouser, and Bruce Aiken!

Winter retreats!

Friday night football games!

Pittsburgh Conference Youth Camps!

Working in the kitchen at Family Camp!

The thrill of having girlfriends.

Nailing down my decision for Christ at age 17, and receiving my call to ministry!

Graduation from high school!

Leaving home three days after graduation to go to Philadelphia to live with my brother (and his wife and family) where I worked (as a helper) for Twitchell's roofing, heating and air conditioning company for $2.00/hour - amazing money for a 17 year-old in 1969!

Hanging out at Hot Shoppe Jr.'s that summer - feeling big!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment