Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

KICKING AND SCREAMING?

I just published my lifeline presentation on Facebook!  I feel lost!  I haven't tweaked it completely.  I'm not sure how it works.  I'm actually quite confused by it all.

Have you noticed that every time Facebook makes changes, there's a major lashback by its consumers?  People demand to be given a way to keep the old format!  They grumble, growl, and grouse about having to adapt. 

The lifeline changes are probably the most significant yet!  It's a major make-over that will be forced on all Facebook users in a few weeks.  Early adaptors have been given the opportunity to "publish" the new form now.

Change annoys us and seems to make our lives harder.  Last August, I got a new computer and went from Windows XP to Windows 7.  Wow!  That was a challenge!  I thought I'd never get it figured out!  It was a steep climb!  Yet today, I navigate the new system without thinking about it.  The major disruption only lasted a few days.  My mind adapted!

I guess it's our nature to resist change!  Yet we live in an age of change!  Alfred
Perlman suggests:  “After you’ve done a thing the same way for two years, look it over carefully.  After five years, look at it with suspicion.  And after ten years, throw it away and start all over.”  [quoted in the table 2009, fall issue, p.1]

I think he's being very generous with those time-frames!

Proverbs (LB) reports:  The intelligent man is always open to new ideas.  In fact, he looks for them.

I don't know about you, but I always want to be open to new ideas!

In Luke 12:49-50  ™ Jesus said, “I’ve come to start a fire on this earth – how I wish it were blazing right now!  I’ve come to change everything, turn everything rightside up – how I long for it to be finished!  Do you think I came to smooth things over and make things nice?  Not so.  I’ve come to disrupt and confront! …

I'm siding with Jesus on this one!  I've initiated some major changes in my life.  At this point, I'm not even sure where it's going to take me.  But, I'm definitely closing one chapter and opening another.  And I have to tell you, I'm experiencing three primary dynamics:  sadness, fear, and excitement!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment