Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO?

It's comforting to me to know that the great Apostle Paul struggled to figure out which way to go. 

Acts 16:4,6-10  (The VOICE)
Leaving [Derbe and Lystra], they [Paul and Silas] sensed the Holy Spirit telling them not to preach their message in Asia at this time, so they travelled through Phrygia and Galatia.  They came near Mysia and planned to go into Bithynia, but again they felt restrained from doing so by the Spirit of Jesus.  So they bypassed Mysia and went down to Troas.  That night Paul had a vision in which a Macedonian man was pleading with him.

[Macedonian Man] Come over to Macedonia!  Come help us!

[Luke speaking for Paul]  This vision convinced us all that God was calling us to bring the good news to that region.

Paul seems to be wandering around.  Could it be that he was using good reasoning or logic and was trying to go where he thought he should go?  The text gives the impression that he is trying to find a place to minister.  Twice, the Holy Spirit distinctly stops him!  He continues to wander.  Finally, the Holy Spirit gives him a vision that directs him to Macedonia!

I don't know about you, but I've been in this position.  I'm using the brain that God gave me to the best of my ability.  I'm working hard to try to figure things out.  What's logical here?  What would make good sense?  What would be the best use of time and resources?  Yet, in spite of my best thinking and reasoning, things don't seem to take off.

Until God clarifies!

Oh, how sweet it is when God clarifies!

Have you learned yet that you can't rush God?

I've got lots of knots on my head from bumping into doors that wouldn't open. 

Sometimes the best thing to do is pray and wait!  When God's timing is right - you'll know!

In the meantime, trust Him!  He's already in your future!  He knows where He wants you and He'll get you there!

1 comment:

  1. God is never early, He's never late, HE IS ALWAYS ON TIME ! Joyce

    ReplyDelete