Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

THERE'S NO OTHER WAY...

In Deuteronomy 5, God gives Moses the Ten Commandments.  In the following chapters God unpacks these commandments and emphasizes the importance of the people living in obedience to them.  Many blessings are promised if they obey! 

Essentially, God promises them good things if they obey and bad things if they disobey.  Chapter six ends with these words:  [Moses speaking - LB] "...it always goes well with us when we obey all the laws of the Lord our God."

Now, I'm well aware that we are no longer under the Law, but under grace. 

However, Jesus said, (Matthew 5:17 LB) "Don't misunderstand why I have come - it isn't to cancel the laws of Moses and the warnings of the prophets.  No, I came to fulfill them, and to make them all come true."

I have made a simple but clear observation:  when I live to honor God, He seems to honor me! 

As a consequence, when I willingly and knowing allow my life to drift away from God, I seem to deal with more sorrow, depression, problems, and dissatisfaction!

After sixty years of living and reading the Bible through many times, it all seems to come down to obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment