Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

APPEARANCE OF EVIL

There's a principle that I teach all of our leaders at Free Methodist Community Church.  It's based on I Thessalonians 5:22 (best rendered in the old King James Version):  "Avoid all appearance of evil."

Although it's a principle for all believers, it applies to leaders with double impact!

Indulge me:  My mother was a strong believer in total abstinence from alcohol.  As a consequence, she wouldn't drink ANYTHING from a champaign or wine glass!  She didn't want to leave the door open for anyone to even remotely think that she was drinking alcohol.

I must think in similar ways.  As an influencer for Christ, I do not want to give even a hint of an impression that I am indulging in sinful behavior.  I want to live my life in an impeccable manner, constantly reflecting positively on Christ and His Kingdom!

Therefore, I must be careful - even vigilant - in guarding my ways, my language, my behavior.  If it could look bad or potentially tarnish my reputation, then I must avoid it! 

God will honor this kind of devotion!  As a result, He will magnify your influence and increase your fruitfulness!

PS - I've modified my settings to make it easier to leave comments.  Give it a try and keep the dialogue going!  :-)   Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment