Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

THE DISH GUY

I spent over three hours with the Dish guy on Friday.  We had a problem that was difficult to diagnose.  Eventually the supervisor had to come to the house as well.  Our dish had to be relocated to have better access to the satellites.
In that kind of time, you establish a relationship.

He was a young fellow who lives in Boardman.  He mentioned a wife. 

Vices came up for discussion.  He reported that he doesn't drink or do drugs.  I affirmed him for his good choices.

I told him stories from our family of how God had helped us. 

Without being pushy, I let him know that God is able and willing to help us with the struggles we face.

He told me of some of his stresses.  I offered to pray for him.  He seemed honored.

When the job was finished, he shook my hand and thanked me - three times!

I was a link!  A link in God's chain of outreach to this young man.  I'm hoping someday to see him walk into worship!  If not, I'm hoping to see him in Heaven!

When's the last time you were a link in one of God's chains?  Are you praying for opportunities?  Are you looking for opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment