Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

FRIED EGG SANDWICHES

When I was young, I loved my parents so much!  I knew I had good parents - and I was grateful.  By the time I was eleven, I was like an only child;  my older siblings had all launched out on their own.

As an expression of my love, I used to make fried egg sandwiches for my mom and dad in the evening.  It was an art form!  Forget health factors here...

First, you fry the egg - preferably in bacon fat.  Salt and pepper.  Over easy and break the yoke. 

Then you lay it on a slice of bread and carefully place it back in the skillet.  Add a generous supply of mustard and a nice slice of onion. 

Add the second slice of bread and flip it carefully to brown.  Best served with some Snyder's chips and a wedge of dill pickle!

Countless evenings I served these up - sometimes doing so quietly in hopes of surprising them!  I often made them for company, too. 

If your parents are still on this earth - give them a call and thank them for giving you life!  You might even want to take them an egg sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment