Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

INTERRUPTIONS

The day would go a lot better if we didn't have to deal with interruptions - right?  Interruptions keep us from our plan for the day!  They stall us and distract us.  The best thing to do when people interrupt us is deal with them quickly and get back to the task at hand!

Dr. David McKenna (Never Blink In A Hailstorm) suggests that Jesus' most beautiful stories began as interruptions:
  • the leper who stops Him on the road (Mark 1:40-45)
  • the paralytic who is let down through the roof (Mark 2:1-12)
  • the man with the shriveled hand (Mark 3:1-6)
  • the demon-possessed man of the tombs (Mark 5:1-20)
  • Jairus, the ruler of the synagogue, whose daughter is dying (Mark 5:21-24, 35-43)
  • the woman with the chronic blood disease who touches Jesus' clothes (Mark 5:25-34)
  • the Syrophoenician mother whose daughter has an evil spirit Mark 7:24-30)
  • the blind man of Bethsaida (Mark 8:22-26)
  • the father with the epileptic boy (Mark 9:14-29)
  • the parents wanting their children to be blessed (Mark 10:13-16)
  • the rich, young ruler (Mark 10:17-31)
  • blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52)
  • the woman who violates the protocol of the feast in the home of Simon the Leper in order to anoint Jesus (Mark 14:1-11)
I'm glad Jesus didn't view interruptions the way I can.  Perhaps I need to change the way I look at the interruptions in my plan for the day? 

PRAYER
God, help me to see the interruptions of my day as opportunities in the adventure of serving You.  Help me to change my language:  they're not interruptions - THEY'RE OPPORTUNITIES!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment