Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears - OH MY!

While on vacation (last week) in Banner Elk, NC, I hiked a trail that ascended over three miles up Grandfather Mountain. 

At the trailhead I signed in and read a large warning:  YOU ARE ENTERING BEAR COUNTRY!  Appropriate tips followed. 

It was a challenging hike - a strong vertical climb!  Deep woods! 

At one point I came up on an older gentleman who was slowly making the climb.  I wanted to let him know I was approaching, so I spoke:  "Nice day for hiking!"

I had hoped not to startle him, but I did.  He jumped and turned around to see me;  the first words out of his mouth:  "I thought you were a bear!"  Guess what was on his mind as he hiked?

If the five words - YOU ARE ENTERING BEAR COUNTRY - can set our minds for the duration of a hike, then couldn't God's Word set our minds for the duration of a day?

Colossians 3:2 (NASB)
"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment