Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

IN MEMORY

I'll be helping the Smith family say goodbye to Marlene today.  It'll be a sad/happy occasion!  She valiantly battled cancer for the last couple of years.  But that's not what we'll remember her for.

She stood strong for her husband, kids, siblings, extended family, and friends.  But that's not what we'll remember her for.

She was amazingly creative.  Her cards were works of art;  and her words - heartfelt and meaningful!  But that's not what we'll remember her for.

She was an extreme organizer who ended one of her notes to me by pointing out that 'Pittsburg' was misspelled in our new church directory!  But that's not what we'll remember her for.

In the last three years, she committed herself to waiting before the Lord in silence for twenty minutes every day.  THAT'S WHAT WE'LL REMEMBER HER FOR!!!

It changed her!  Her own words:
Hal,
Waiting on God for twenty minutes each day has transformed me, my life, my thinking, my faith, my family, and all with whom I come in contact!  Glory be to God!!

Forty-five years of being a Christian has not matured me as much as this one month exercise.  It has turned me on my head.  No longer am I trying to live a godly life…God is living thru me.
Marlene

What will YOU be remembered for?

No comments:

Post a Comment