Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

MORTALITY

I was called to the bedside of a good friend yesterday.  She is suffering from cancer.  She was surrounded by family and friends who spoke tenderly to her.  They kissed her forehead and caressed are arms and shoulders.  They offered ice chips and cool washcloths.  It was a picture of family love and tenderness!

Early this morning I prayed for my friend and her family. 

Then I prayed for myself.  Someday, I too, will be making the transition from earth to Heaven. 

Like most people, I'm sure I'll struggle to let go of this world and its realities:  family, friends, familiar roles, possessions, memories, etc., etc..

Yet most of us - even secular people - believe that Heaven will far exceed this world.  It will be a better place where we will be free from pain, suffering, tears, stress, and so much more! 

For Christians, we have clear hints of what Heaven will be like from the Bible.  If we have accepted Christ's substitutionary death for our sins, we will be welcomed there!

Being certain of Heaven is as easy as praying:
Dear Jesus,
I acknowledge that I have sinned.
I'm sorry!
Forgive me.
Come and be my Lord!
Help me to live to please You!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment