Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

HEAVEN REFRAME

Francis Chan (in Crazy Love) suggests that genuine believers think a lot about Heaven!  I agree! 

However, it might be different than some of us expect!  Read what Erwin McManus (Wide Awake) suggests:  [pp.54-55]

I have a friend who once said to me, "I can't wait until I go to heaven because then I'm going to get all of my questions answered.  I just can't wait.  I have so many questions to ask God."  Have you ever felt that way?
I said, "What in the world made you think you're going to get all the answers?"
He said, "Well, I am, aren't I?"  And he was turning white, very distraught.
I pointed out that the Bible doesn't say you're going to get all the answers.  In fact, it never says you're going to know everything about God.  It says you're going to know God.  A more likely scenario is you step into eternity, and suddenly all your questions are overwhelmed by new ones.  One second in the presence of the Creator of the universe, and you're going to get a truckload of new questions.
Eternity isn't the place where you get all the answers.  Eternity is a place where you get all new questions, a place where you will always be learning.   God is infinite.  How long does it take to get to know everything about an infinite God?  Oh, I'd say, about eternity.  You were designed by God to be curious and to learn.  Part of this is God's desire to draw you to him, to keep you searching until you find the one who created you so you can know him intimately, so your life can be changed and your dreams can become a reality.
How's THAT grab ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment