Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

BETTY PAUGH

She was my first Sunday School teacher!  I loved her and my times in her room.  She was so animated!  She told us Bible stories with energy and excitement!  The flannel-graph board came to life every Sunday morning!

I owe her a debt of gratitude.  She ignited a passion for God in my young heart.  She initiated a love for the Bible that continues today.  Her influence was enormous.

While I was in her class, she married.  Her husband, Andy, was a big guy - kind of scary-looking to us.  He sat by the door in her classroom and helped to maintain attention.  She didn't need much help.

She's still serving today - at 92 years of age - in the same church, the New Brighton Free Methodist Church!  She greets on Sunday mornings and passes bulletins. 

Thank you, Betty!  Your influence has held throughout 59 years of my life!  I still love Jesus;  and I still love His Word. 

And when we both get to Heaven - I'll be hunting for your classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment