Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I LIED

I was about five years old.  It happened at the dinner table.  I don't remember the details, but I lied.  It may have been the first time. 

My father told me to leave the table and go to the living room and sit on the couch.  That had never happened before.  I was frightened.

After dinner, my father and mother came in and stood across the coffee table from me.  My Dad did the talking, my Mom did the crying.  Looking up at them, they seemed like giants!  My Dad pointed his finger at me as he spoke.

He said something like:  "Son, now your mother and I will always wonder if you're telling us the truth!  There'll always be some doubt, 'Is Harold lying again?'"

I could see that what I had done caused them tremendous pain!  I loved them!  I felt bad that they were so disappointed in me!

I decided in that moment to be a truth-teller! 

The power of a parent - especially a father - is remarkable!  Use this authority - with godly wisdom - to shape the lives (and futures) of your children! 

No comments:

Post a Comment