Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

TV GUIDE ROUTE

When I was young, I had a TV Guide route.  I delivered 50 Guides every week to neighbors, church friends, family, and folks all around New Brighton!

They cost $.15 at the time;  I got to keep $.04 for delivering them.

Every Thursday, I would walk down Penn Avenue, down the hill to the second level to deliver a few near the High School, then down the steps to the first level to deliver to my Aunt Peg and a few of her neighbors.

Occasionally someone would give me a quarter and tell me to keep the change!  I would usually stop at the Oak Hill Store and buy a candy bar for a dime!

I would take the money home and divide it up so I could pay the bill.  That usually left about $2.00 for me!

My mom taught me to give a tithe to the Lord!  I did so religiously!  My Dad spoke to our church treasurer and she issued me my own set of church envelopes.  Every Sunday, I proudly dropped my envelope in the offering - with two dimes in it! 

Starting then has made it easy to tithe ever since!  I have NEVER regretted it!  I believe tithing is the cornerstone of living a peaceful, contented, and happy life!

Leave a comment with your own story...

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! I got your comments to be embedded so it should be much easier for people to comment!!

    ReplyDelete