Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

FIRST ACCIDENT

There was an awkward, merging, stop-sign at the lower end of Beaver Falls.  I was heading home from doing one of my yard jobs.  I pulled up to the stop sign.  Then, I pulled out a little further and stopped again.

The guy behind me rear-ended me.  It felt like just a bumb.  He backed up, pulled around me and disappeared.  I got out to discover the back of my beautiful car was mangled.

I gave pursuit - with no success. 

I drove the car home and parked it in our driveway;  then waited for Dad to get home from work.

When he pulled in, he asked what had happened.  I told him.

He sat down on the ground and looked at the back of the car.  I sat down too.

Twenty minutes passed - without a word.

Finally, Mom called us to dinner.  Dad headed toward the back door - me following.  I asked him:  "Dad, what are we going to do?"

Now he spoke!  He spun around and said:  "What are WE going to do?  It's your car!" 

After supper, I asked him if he would help me get the trunk open.  He popped the lock out and showed me how to open it with a screw driver. 

That was the end of the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment