Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2011

ENGAGEMENT II

[For continuity, read "ENGAGEMENT" first]

There has always been some joking in our family about Debbie's engagement ring.  Our three T's have deliberated over which of them should get it someday.  Awhile back one of them suggested that since my mom had given it to her youngest son, Debbie should do the same.

I don't know if that influenced her or not, but several months ago - without discussion - Debbie gave her engagement ring to Troy.  He and Missy Noel have been dating since Family Camp, 2010.  We both suspected that Troy was getting ready to 'pop' the question!

We had a family Thanksgiving/Christmas in Connecticut at Tracie's last week.  After returning to Travis' in Annapolis to retrieve his car, Troy made a stealth trip to New Middletown.  He arrived Monday afternoon shortly after Missy had left for a 12-hour shift at the hospital.

He had to disable her ability to track him on her iPhone.  He had to deceive her about where he was on his long journey back to Savannah.  At one point he told her, "I've been driving all day and I'm almost home."  He also ignored calls and texts from her.

Then he went about setting up his surprise!

Missy's words:
I worked until 2:00 AM.  Imagine my surprise when I drove down my street and saw Troy's car in my driveway!  When I walked into my kitchen, he had Christmas music playing, a beautiful bouquet of flowers, rose petals scattered on the table, candles, and cheese fondue.
We enjoyed an assortment of bread, fruit, and vegetables;  then Troy started to cook the chocolate fondue.  I decided to take a picture to send to my sister (since she had weaved a web of lies to get me to rearrange my work schedule so that I would be home the following day with Troy).
While I was distracted and trying to take a picture with my phone, Troy got down on one knee and proposed!  I was so excited!!!   We ate chocolate fondue and then I called my sister!
And so, the ring that once belonged to Hazel Haire, and Debbie Haire, now graces the hand of Missy Noel!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dad. This brought back a ton of great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad. This brought back a ton of great memories!

    ReplyDelete