Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Don't Blame God!

I came across an amazing verse in The Message this morning.  Proverbs 19:2  People ruin their lives by their own stupidity, so why does GOD always get blamed?"

Yikes!  That's blunt!  But true!  Why is it that we get ourselves into horrible fixes - and then blame God?  It's an insane thing to do;  completely illogical.  Yet all of us do it.

We choose our addictions - and then get mad at God for allowing us to do so.  We make choices all along throughout our lives - and then get upset with God because our lives didn't turn out the way we hoped.

It's so easy to blame God for stuff.  It shuffles the responsibility away from ourselves.  Instead of being angry with myself, I can be angry with God!  Everything is His fault!  I get off scott-free. 

The essence of this is:
  • God has given us free will.
  • God has also given us guidelines and parameters to live by.
  • God holds us accountable through His Holy Spirit.
  • God forgives us when we screw up.
  • God reinstates us after our rebellions
With all that freedom and grace, how must I hurt Him when I blame Him for the results of my own choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment