Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer

I walk across  the parking lot early every morning to spend time in the sanctuary.  I much prefer walking that 50 yards during the summer when I can do so in shorts and a T-shirt!  In the winter I follow a snow shovel and wear ski pants and jacket!

Last evening, Debbie and I drove home from the farm with our windows down at 10:00 PM.  It was a beautiful night! 

The diversions of summer are wonderful:
  • boating
  • swimming
  • camp fires
  • outdoor concerts
  • gardening
  • going to the beach
  • talking with neighbors
  • picnics
Let's not wish this wonderful time away.  Rather, let's savor it!  It's August;  we all know what's coming.  Enjoy these last weeks of summer. 

Psalm 74:17 (TM)  "You laid out the four corners of earth, shaped the seasons of summer and winter."

No comments:

Post a Comment