Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PLANNING IN THE SPIRIT


I go on retreat three times a year (March, August, and December) primarily to plan my preaching and to select the music for worship.

I have found that God is very willing to help me plan ahead like this.  I am often amazed at the relevance of the message or the relevance of a ‘Response Song’ – when it was actually planned six months before that particular Sunday! 

An example:
Some years ago, I decided to do a fall series on the seven beatitudes in the book of Revelation.  I was very excited about this prospect.  However, at the end of September, I remembered that the next Sunday (the first Sunday of October) was Worldwide Communion Sunday.  I had not factored that in during retreat – when I planned the messages for the fall.  However, when I opened my planning book to begin work on that Sunday’s message, the text was Revelation 19:9,  Then (the angel) said to me, “Write, ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” 

God had me covered!  J  And this kind of thing happens over and over again!  I’m telling you:  I can’t praise Him enough!  He covers my oversights and helps me before I even know that He’s helped me! 

Don’t you want this kind of relationship in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment