Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Sundays

As a pastor, I live for Sundays!  It's undoubtedly my favorite day of the week.  Part of my love for Sundays is due to my deep love for worshipping God!  There is nothing better than singing and praising the Lord together with a crowd of like-minded people! 

I sit on the front seat in our sanctuary.  During worship, I hear the full force of our people singing their praises to God.  Over and over, that simple experience blesses me so much!

I love connecting with people.  Sometimes they tell me cool things that are happening in their lives - and we rejoice together!  Other times they tell me of struggles or pain in their lives - and we pray together! 

Sunday after Sunday, I am so proud of our leaders and workers who invest so deeply to make our worship effective.  It takes over 40 people to make Sundays happen at New Middletown Free Methodist Church!  I love the commitment of these folks!

Sunday is the high-point of my week - every week!  When I go on vacation, I often attend three different services.  I work at keeping God at the center of my life;  worshipping Him on Sundays is my way of starting the week by honoring Him!

Psalm 122:1 (TM) 
When they said, "Let's go to the house of GOD," my heart leaped for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment