Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Jump Start

I made several home visits yesterday and also had an appointment.  Finally at 3:00 PM I sat down to write a message for a funeral today.  Nothing...

No ideas, no starting point.  I didn't know the man.  I don't know his family very well.  No clue what to say.

After fifteen minutes of watching the curser blink, I went up to the sanctuary to walk and pray a bit.  Eventually, I laid down on the front pew and fell asleep for about fifteen minutes.

I awoke refreshed;  returned to my computer and typed a message non-stop for the next two hours.  I'm excited to share it.  I believe God will use it to stir hearts and to bring hope to the family.

Would this have happened without prayer?

I don't believe so.  I think I would have forced a message out of my own diligence;  maybe even reworked one I've done before. 

Instead, I had the sense to wait before the Lord - and He helped me!

Is there a lesson here for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment