Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lonely

I'm an introvert in an extrovert's job.  Social settings are much harder for me than most people imagine.  Debbie (my wife) helps me a lot in situations where there are many people.

However, last night we were on separate tracks:  she invited her parents over for left-overs while I attended our town's National Night Out.

It amazes me how lonely I can feel in a crowd.  I was surrounded by hundreds of people.  I ran into quite a few people from our church.  I saw friends and work associates.  Yet I was intensely lonely!

Eventually, it overcame me and I walked home.

I'm sure that there are many people who deal with loneliness much more intensely and frequently than me.  If you're one of those, my heart goes out to you today.

This morning, I spent some time just quietly talking with God.  I felt loved and accepted.  He comforted my lonely soul. 

Two verses to reflect on:

Song of Solomon (NASB)
I am my Beloved’s, and His desire is for me.”

Psalm 68:6 (NASB)
God makes a home for the lonely…

You are never truly alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment