Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Right Between The Eyes

Last night I read the book Radical, by David Platt.  On page 127 I read this line and knew I was going to have to change my life:  "God has given us excess, not so we could have more, but so we could give more."

Before that, Platt states:  "...if you and I have running water, shelter over our heads, clothes to wear, food to eat, and some means of transportation (even if it's public transportation), then we are in the top 15 percent of the world's people for wealth" (pp.114-115).

This was not new information to me;  I'd read this before.  But somehow, Platt got my attention - or was it God?

This blog is my notice:  I'm taking Platt's challenge to live for a year by the following standard:
  1. I will pray for the entire world.
  2. I will read through the entire Word.
  3. I will sacrifice my money for a specific purpose.
  4. I will spend time in another context.
  5. I will commit my life to a multiplying community.
Tonight, I will begin to re-read Radical, with Debbie!

God, help me to live with eternity's values in view!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check this out! I took your advice and borrowed The shack off my mother and am reading it now!

    ReplyDelete